This website is owned and managed by Dubai Aviation Corporation (trading as and hereinafter referred to as "flydubai").
We are responsible for the processing of any personal information you provide to this website and we are registered/approved where required in each country under the relevant data protection legislation of that country.
We take our responsibilities regarding the protection of personal information very seriously. This policy explains:
1. Why we need your personal information
When you use services provided on this website, you will be asked to provide certain information such as your name, contact details, travel documents, and/or credit/debit card details. We will store this information and hold it on computers, computerized storage centers or otherwise. We will use this information, by way of example and without limitation, in some and/or all of the following ways:
- to fulfill our agreement with you, including processing your flight, sending you your itinerary or contacting you if there is a problem with your booking;
- to register you with our website and administer our website services where you have registered to receive these. You can unsubscribe from these services at any time (see choice/opt-out below);
- to administer any contest or other promotional offer you may enter and notify winners;
- to answer any queries which you may send to us by e-mail;
- in order to conduct customer satisfaction surveys;
- to meet our legal compliance obligations;
- for crime prevention and detection;
- for direct marketing purposes, as set out in detail below;
- for recruitment and careers purposes
- for human resources management and employment matters.
We need to know the names of all passengers travelling. If you are booking a flight on behalf of someone else, you must obtain their consent to use their personal information. We proceed on the basis that you have obtained this consent.
We may require the name and contact details of a third party whom we may contact in an emergency. It is your responsibility to ensure that the third party consents to the disclosure of the information provided for that purpose.
2. How we use your personal information
If you are a customer, the information you provide or that is obtained by us on this website, via our call centre or a travel agent will be used by us and/or our affiliates to provide you and other customers (via post, email, telephone or otherwise) with information about new products and services and special offers we think you will find valuable. We may also inform you about new products and services and special offers of selected third parties, where you have registered to receive these.
If you are a candidate or user for recruitment, employment and/or human resources purposes, the information and/or data that you provide or that is obtained by us on this website or otherwise, will be used by us and/or our affiliates to process your query, request or application. We may also inform you about any relevant opportunities, products or services (including those of selected third parties), where you have registered to receive these.
We may contact you by post, email, telephone (including SMS) or fax for these purposes. Your confirmation emails (which may include details of flight bookings, travel documents, recruitment processes, employment and/or human resources or other services booked through our website) may include marketing material which we may feel will be of interest to you from other third parties. We may also use and analyse the information and/or data that we collect so that we can review, administer, support, improve and develop our business and the services which we offer.
If you would like to receive details of our new services and special offers, you can sign up here.
3. To whom we disclose your personal information
flydubai does not sell or trade your personal information to third parties. We may share information about you as follows:
- If you are a customer, your personal data (including sensitive personal data) has been provided to us for the purposes of: making a reservation; recording and issuing a booking; issuing a boarding pass and other purposes associated with or incidental to your carriage. You automatically authorise us to retain and/or use such data and to transmit to and/or to share it with: our own offices, our authorised agents, service providers, approved contractors, our other companies and/or brands, our affiliates, anyone to whom we transfer our rights and duties; third party companies offering related services (including, for example, car rental, hotels, limousines, transfers and ancillary services), governments and government agencies, credit/debit card and other payment card companies, and other airlines or providers of such related services.
- If you are a candidate or user for recruitment, employment or human resources purposes, your personal data (including sensitive personal data) has been provided to us for the purposes of enquiring about a position or opportunity, making an application for a position, registering your interest in a career with flydubai and other direct or indirect purposes associated with or incidental to the recruitment/careers and/or human resources process with flydubai. You authorize us to retain and use such data and to transmit to and/or share it with: our own offices, our authorised agents, our affiliates, service providers, approved contractors, suppliers and service providers, our other companies and/or brands, anyone to whom we transfer our rights and duties; third party companies related to the recruitment/careers process, employment, human resources, governments and government agencies and regulatory bodies.
- For all these purposes, flydubai may provide its third party service providers and processors with access to your personal information. These third party service providers may be located outside the UAE. These service providers may include: credit/debit card verification providers, our data warehouse and customer relationship management centre, recruitment and human resources providers, marketing organisations, who may provide us support with marketing and promotional communications; internet service providers, cloud hosting companies who administer our web pages and provide internet services and host our facilities; third party companies offering related services, such as chauffeurs, car rental agencies, hotels and other ancillary services; and consumer research companies that assist flydubai with understanding consumer interests by conducting surveys.
- flydubai may also disclose your personal information as permitted or required by law. This could include disclosure outside the UAE. For example, flydubai will disclose personal information to those governmental bodies who have authority to obtain it, in order to comply with a warrant or subpoena issued by a court of competent jurisdiction, and to comply with record production requirements.
- To customs and/or immigration departments or other regulatory authorities in your country of departure and/or destination in order to comply with the law in those countries.
- Sensitive personal data, for example, data relating to your health or disabilities, religion, criminal record or otherwise may be processed by us. You recognise that, by providing us with sensitive personal data, you give your explicit consent for us to process it and disclose it to third parties for the above purposes. We undertake to collect, process, store, save and transfer your data in compliance with the applicable data protection legislation in force from time to time. In processing your data, we may transfer it to countries which may not afford the same level of protection.
- To anyone to whom we transfer or may transfer our rights and duties under our agreement with you.
- If we have a duty to do so or if the law allows us to do so.
- To our employees, agents and/or affiliates to do any of the above on our behalf, now or in the future.
- If you choose not to provide certain personal information we request, you will still be able to visit our website, but you may be unable to access certain options or services.
Please note that there may be instances where it may be necessary for us to communicate with you, for administrative or operational reasons relating, for example, to advise you of alterations to flights.
The information that you provide to us will be held in our systems, which are located on our premises or those of an appointed third party, which may be located outside the UAE. We may also allow access to your information by other third parties who act for and/or in conjunction with us for the purposes set out in this policy or for other purposes approved by you.
4. Access to/correction & updating of personal information
You have the right to see personal information we keep about you. We will endeavour to provide the information you require within a reasonable time. There may be a small monetary charge for some requests, depending on the information requested.
If your personally identifiable information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, we provide a way to correct, update or remove your personal information provided to us.
5. Transfer of your personal information
Some parties that process or store personal information may be located in jurisdictions outside your country of residence. Therefore, your information may be processed and stored in these jurisdictions and, as a result, foreign governments, courts, or law enforcement or regulatory agencies may be able to obtain disclosure of your information through the laws in these countries.
7. Withdrawing your consent
Marketing and recruitment, careers, human resources communications sent to you by flydubai will provide you with options to withdraw your consent. If you no longer wish to receive promotional materials, you may opt-out of receiving these communications. You will always be notified when information is being collected by any outside parties.
Please note that if you do not consent to flydubai's use and disclosure of your personal information, this may affect our ability to provide you with particular information, products and services.
We take appropriate steps to protect the personal information you share with us. When you book a flight or enter personally identifying information, your details are transmitted across the internet securely using high-grade encryption (128 bit). We have implemented technology and security features to safeguard the privacy of your personal information. We also follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have given us to prevent unauthorised access Should we be required to disclose sensitive information to you, we may request proof of identity in adherence with our security procedures before we are able to do so.
In the circumstances set out in this policy where flydubai passes your information to a third party, we will ensure that the security measures that such party has in place in relation to the processing of your data are at least as stringent as those employed by flydubai. This does not apply where we are required by law to pass your information to a third party.
We will retain your information for a reasonable period or as long as the law requires.
9. Tracking site usage
We use tracking software to monitor customer traffic patterns and site usage and to gather certain information like the number and frequency of visitors to the site. This information (which may include the URL you just came from, the URL you next go to, what browser you are using and your IP address) is used to develop the design and layout of the site to better meet the needs of visitors to www.flydubai.com. We only use such data in the aggregate. This software does not capture any personally identifying information.
This information is also used to analyse patterns and improve our marketing and promotional efforts, to improve our content and product offerings, and to customize our site's content, layout and services.
By using our website you give your explicit consent for us to collect this data and information and/or use it for the sales and services provided by flydubai.
If at any point we decide to use personally identifiable information in a manner different from that stated at the time it was collected, we will notify you by way of an e-mail. You will have a choice as to whether or not we use your information in this manner.
13. Minors accessing our web site
You confirm to flydubai that you are of the applicable legal age or over to access and use this website in accordance with its terms. If a minor (according to applicable laws) has provided flydubai with information without consent of a parent or guardian, the parent or guardian can contact flydubai to remove it.
14. News and updates
We will occasionally inform you about our special offers and new services via your e-mail address. You only receive our e-mails regarding news and special offers once you subscribe to this service. If you do not wish to receive these e-mails, you can unsubscribe at any time. Once you have unsubscribed, your e-mail address will be removed from the distribution list.
15. Applicable law